2014年10月7日火曜日

Trip to the Caribbean ~Saint lucia~

   I’m going to go to Saint Lucia in the West Indies. Saint Lucia is in the wet season from June to November, and sometimes hurricanes come. So, I’ll go to Saint Lucia in March.
   Today, I made the itinerary.
N.B.
・To go to Saint Lucia, we Japanese don’t have to possess visa, if we have an airline ticket to return to our homeland. So, I have to carry just a passport and the ticket.
 

・Reserve an airline seat and the hotels and change money into EC$in Japan in advance.(1 dollar =2.7EC$)
 

・Do not expose skin too much to avoid infectious diseases that are carried by mosquitoes.
 

・Do not drink tap water, drink mineral water.
 

・When taking taxis, ask a fare before getting into the car in case there is not a taximeter.(about 10 dollars per kilometer)
 

・Make arrangements for a taxi at hotels.
 

・When leaving Saint Lucia, it is necessary to pay a departure tax, 55.00 EC dollars. 

Schedule
3/6
Boarding the 19:15 flight at Narita Airport. Via Los Angeles International Airport and Miami Airport, arriving Hewanorra International Airport on 3/8

3/7
In the sky.

3/8
At 13:24, arriving Hewanorra International Airport. As I will be tired, I stay in the hotel near the airport.
Hotel: Villa Caribbean Dream (2km from the airport)


 3/9
Going to Maria Islands, the biggest solitary island in Saint Lucia. Seeing the animals and plants of the island with guides. I want to go there by all means because this area is famous for its marine clarity and its seascape.


Before getting dark, going to today’s hotel, tomorrow’s sightseeing spot.

3/10
Hotel: Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Taking a rest for my health here. There are restaurant, swimming pool, Water slide, sauna, hot spring, beach, tennis court and so on. And here, I can have a massage, play some sports, enjoy marine sports like sailboat, kayak, surfing. Exactly, “Resort”. I want to go to a resort area like this in my life. Spending a whole day here and feel relaxed.

3/11
In the afternoon, leaving the hotel. Going to Mamiku garden, the biggest garden in Saint Lucia. I want to go there because there are some plants which are endangered species or endemic species in the garden, and I want to see them. As a guide will accompany in the garden, I will get much information about the plants.














 
Before getting dark, going to today's hotel.
Hotel: Lodge Colibri


3/12
Going to Dennery beach. Enjoying sunbathing, snorkeling and other marine sports. And here, only Friday night, the event “Fri Fish” is held. Many fish dish are sold in the fishing village. Maybe, I can eat uncommon fish in Japan.










 

3/13
Going to Gros Islet, an area in north Saint Lucia because I want to ride horse. “Island Riders” gives us wonderful experience that we can go everywhere with horse, even in the sea! It must be very fun. I can enjoy beautiful sea and spots of this country by strange way in here.


Before getting dark, going to today’s hotel.

3/14
Hotel: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
Because of my inexperience in horse riding, maybe I am very tired and I can’t go sightseeing this day. So, I should stay in this hotel all day. It has a lot of things refresh and entertain me. I chose this hotel due to the view and great room.
 



3/15
Going to Castries, the capital city of Saint Lucia. Today’s biggest destination of mine is “Derek Walcott Square”. It was named after a Nobel Prize in Literature winner, Derek Walcott who was born in this country. There are his statue, big trees, a fountain, and so on. After visiting the square, I will go shopping if I am not so tired. Today’s hotel is near the square.
Hotel: Poinsettia Villa Apartments



 3/16
Moving into south area of Saint Lucia. I have two destinations today.
First, going to “Diamond Botanical Gardens”, which has many beautiful tropical flowers, mineral baths and Diamond waterfall. Although this country has many small waterfalls, most of them are in the mountains and difficult to go. But this one is easier to go, so I want to go there.














 
Second, I want to go where I can do something good for my skin. The place is called “Sulphur Springs”. It is a mud spring including sulphur, iron, deposits of copper, carbon and so on. People say “This spring makes your skin five years younger!” There are places where we can wash the mud away, but because of its component, my body must smell of sulphur after bathing. And we have to pay attention to its very hot water.
Hotel: Anse Chastanet
3/17
I want to see world heritage, so I go to “Tet Paul Nature Trail”. Although it is a short hiking trail, I can see “Pitons” during my hiking. “Pitons” are two mountains that is a world natural heritage in Saint Lucia. I can enjoy beautiful nature. And I think short trail is good for me because I may be tired from exercise until yesterday.




Before getting dark, going to today's hotel.

3/18 
Hotel: QR Quality Rooms Cedar Palm Villa
This hotel is the nearest to the airport I use. If I am very tired, I stay in this hotel.
 








 

But if I’m not tired, I can go to some colleges near here. There are International American University College of Medicine and Spartan Health Sciences University.
Boarding the 14:19 flight at Hewanorra International Airport. Via Miami Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport, arriving Narita Airport on 3/20

3/19
In the sky.

3/20
At 12:35, arriving Narita Airport. Going home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my plan for my travel of Saint Lucia.
 

This plan costs me a lot.
Airline tickets: 580000 yen (for two)
Hotels, shopping, eating, and others: 380000 yen

I'm looking forward to visiting Saint Lucia!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿